To be a recognized NGO practitioner in instituting reforms towards a local health care system that is accessible and equitable.
A resource center that builds capacities of local communities and local governments in participatory governance in health.
Areas of Expertise
- Community-based Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH)
- School Health and Nutrition Program
- Local Health Service Delivery Enhancement, particularly in the area of Maternal and Child Health
- Promotion of Integrative Modalities of Health Care
- Capacity-building or enhancement and systems development through multi-stakeholder and participatory partnerships
- Social Mobilization towards improvement of health service utilization by partner communities
- Constructive engagement of government on the Government Performance and Results Act (GPRA) in partnership with its current network of CSOs, particularly PhilSSA and CODE-NGO, through the Local Health Board and the use of Social Accountability tools on Health Governance
The HEALTHDEV Institute is a non-stock, non-profit, non-governmental organization that supports individuals, organized groups and communities in the active pursuit of good health and well being through capability building and the setting up of appropriate systems and services.
The HEALTHDEV Institute draws its roots from the urban health movement. During its inception in 1990, it established an Occupational Health & Safety Program for urban factory workers. Subsequently, the program involved the provision of direct health care services that offered both conventional and traditional medical services.
The Institute had also been directly involved in community-based health programs (CBHP) drawing from its rich experience on primary health care, a full cycle of the CBHP had been completed in select urban poor communities within Metro Manila.